Thursday, March 3, 2011

Congratulations, Robert!

It's the best, best, best news!

Robert Oliver's cookbook "Me'a Kai" has just won "Best Cookbook in the World" at the International Gourmand Awards!


Couldn't be more excited.  Isn't it just fabulous news!  And will you join me in a little happy dance? "Go Robert, go Robert, go Robert!"

Dance over! I'm trying to download both a photo of Robert and a photo of "Me'a Kai" into here and they won't insert, so I'll just have to settle for another of mine.

Kwan Yin be praised! 
The tassels are there
because it's the first time
I've taken her out of her box
for a happy occasion!

Robert, darling honey-bunny, I could not be happier nor more proud of you.  This is the best best best best news, and I do expect to hear all about it and in the most minute detail imaginable, next week.

Hey, do you recall that night in Rushcutters Bay when you cooked me cracked pepper steak and how we were giggling that studying French at university should have come down to this?  Well, let me tell you something HUGE!  Studying French at university all those years ago has actually come down to THIS!!!  

And it happened in Paris too, so you got to use your French afterall.  And who knew when you were on your long and winding road you were actually on a straight trajectory from there to here!

And those folks who aren't Robert, if you wish to purchase your own "Me'a Kai"  - THE BEST COOKBOOK IN THE WORLD!!!!! -  here are the shopping details:

No comments: