Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Suva Triangle!

See what Colette just sent me: 

Suva Triangle circa WWII

I'd like to say "What a blast from the past!" except I wasn't around back when this was taken ... but the Suva of our childhood did look exactly like this, even to the cars, that I can indeed say that Past-Blast thing!   

Isa, just look at Victoria Parade, and Waimanu Road, Prouds, Carpenters and Garricks and the old post office, and the park, and that tree is still there, even bigger than it is here.  

Just this instant remembered wrote a very early prose essay set right in that park there!  It's where "Sam, Sam, The Dirty Man" used to sit, on the side of the wishing well, and I wrote a little piece trying to image what it was like being Sam Sam the Dirty Man!  Trying to get inside his head and see the world as he saw it.

Gosh, that's so funny!  There's me, a little primary school girl and I'm trying to imagine ... what? 
I do wish I could find that piece again!  It would be a gem, wouldn't it!

Nice, nice, nice memories!  Thank you so much Colette!

No comments: