Saturday, November 28, 2009

Taipei Chic

Man, I love the way the Taipei young folk look. Really original and exciting dressers. In fact, I found them much more exciting than any other area we've seen in Asia, and that's including HK which considers itself the fashion epicentre of the known universe.


Fashion is huge in Taiwan, and everywhere on news-stands you see the usual suspects: Noni, Vivi, With; all those Japanese fashion mags that rock HK's young as well, but in addition Taiwan also brings out its own fashion mags, although I didn't get the names.

Reading through these offerings, Taiwan's fashion icons appear to be Nicole Richie, Renko and Lena. Never heard of the latter two, but Renko does a line in girly-pink while Lena does a max-bling-out! Interesting looks and I can see why everyone's following them.

But you want to see some of these ace-fashionistas. Let's go through my photos and pull out some:


But the couple I thought aced it in the most exciting dressers stakes? These two I loved so much, I'll show you in the biggest shots I'm able to:

Check out how he's done "Business Look"!



But this young lady totally, totally ROCKS!!! Yes, very 1980s Kenzo, but wow! Who else could wear such a clash and bring it off so wonderfully!

RESPECT!

No comments: