Thursday, September 16, 2010

Another Old Letter!

This old letter, chosen at random, comes from 2004.  Seems I'm just back from a jaunt someplace I went to without Keith.  Wonder where that was?  Maybe Japan, because it's around then that I chaperoned that group of vile little convent kiddies on their tour around that country!

Am back in HK. Arrived last night only to discover, early this morning, when I went to download my uni stuff, that Keith has somehow managed to screw up my computer. Thus I'm using cybercafes. And already there's a line formed behind me to use this machine and I've only just got on after two hours of waiting, waiting, waiting.

And here's me trying to do my Masters too. It's a nightmare.

Anyway, THE BIG FIGHT!!! This morning after Keith tells me I won't be able to get into cyberspace because he's done something to my computer while I was away and which he didn't bother to get fixed either, even though it's been three weeks!!!  AND somehow the upshot of the fight is that it's all my fault, although I still don't know how ... and here's me already fortnight behind everyone else at uni ... and I'm going to end up doing really, really badly ... and somehow it's all going to end up being my fault too.

But ignore that. The good news is that I got upgraded on my flight yesterday and it was wonderful. There was a line of about 800 squabbling German tourists and I got to swish right past them all and enter in another door, and everyone called me by my name, and the food and champagne was never ending and cups of tea came the whole flight, and then we were allowed off the plane first and our luggage was waiting for us. How groovy is that? And I also got to find out what happened to all the wonderful moisturisers etc that planes used to have in  the toilets when I was a kid. They've had them all along, only I was down the other end of the plane and never got to use them. Oooh, it's a different world up the front end of a plane and I never want to go back to Cattle Class ever again.

And - so cute - the person who got me upgraded was the sweetest Indian lady in a gorgeous sari who's name was, wait for this!, Mrs Lee.

So that's my news. Not much, I know.  However, what I do know is that I'm now furious again. Took me two hours to get onto this computer, and then 15 minutes to write this letter and now the alarm has just gone off and I'm now supposed to surrender the sucker to this campy little sino-boy hovering over my shoulder, tapping me now and then, and whispering that he's waiting to get on ... and doesn't know how close he's coming to getting his nasty, poking finger twisted and broken. 

But no.  Deep breathe! Surrender quietly!

So I'm off. And I didn't even get to download my uni-reading for the papers I'm meant to be writing!

Dammit, I sooo hate Keith at this point in time.

Lolomas,
Denise

No comments: