Friday, September 3, 2010

Lost Luggage!


Left my shopping at a coffee shop at Two IFC building yesterday and am just off to see if I can find it.  Optimist, huh!  Never know, however.  Some of you may recall how I lost my housekeys in Central HK about seven years ago ... and after optimistically tracing my steps for five hours, I got them back again!  So fingers crossed!

And because I'm in a hurry, let's just do a random photo-thingy again today.  This is where I choose a photo with my eyes shut, and if it's interesting I tell you about it and if it isn't I don't.

So let's hope today's is deadly dull!


Ah, the view as you're coming out of Cairns International Airport several years ago, before it became the creepy place it is now!

OK, off now.  It's nothing really tragic if I don't get my shopping back!  In those lost bags were only a pair of white Egyptian cotton trousers to replace the ones I simply cannot remove the stains from after our last jaunt to NZ, and a gorgeous black knitted top that has the most beautiful drape and looks better on me than I deserve!

So the loss isn't tragic but it is indeed sad, sad, sad! However, since this is the second time recently I've accidentally left shopping behind - the last time at Central Library - and I never saw those parcels again which certainly indicates that folks who lurk around reading in libraries are fundamentally creepy thieving little gits - I'm now wondering if my subconscious is trying to tell me something.  Afterall, Freud does say there's no such thing as accidents!

 However, no matter what Freud would say about all this, please wish me a great deal of luck!


Later:  Found my shopping!  Gosh, I do love HK!  The coffee shop hadn't seen them and Lost Property didn't have them so I thought they were gone, however, ever the optimist, I walked around Two IFC Place looking everyplace I'd been, until I spotted a cleaner I recognised from yesterday ...


 Saint Cleaning Lady.
 I recognised that hair!

... and asked her if she recalled me and my parcels, and - ALLELUIA! - it turns out she did and that I'd left them at the outdoors smoking area and one of the other cleaners had turned them in at the Concierge's desk, expecting me to return for them almost immediately!

Lovely, huh! My faith in the ultimate loveliness of people has once again paid off!

And can you believe that everyone around was shocked?  When I found the cleaner I discovered she couldn't speak English so I stopped two lovely young men and asked them to translate for me ... and when I told what I wanted them to ask the cleaner I know exactly what they muttered to each other.  Afterall, I know the Cantonese for "What an idiot!"

But then when the cleaner did know where they were?  YAYYY!  Those smart-alecks certainly got their come-uppance, didn't they!

However, when I got those parcels home I realised I did indeed know what my subconscious was telling me:  I'd already got an identical pair of those white trousers and almost that exact same top about two months ago, just before we went off to Australia, and hadn't even opened those parcels!

Really, I do have to stop shopping, don't I!

No comments: