Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Home and Hosed

We're back in Hong Kong after a truly lovely holiday, although I'd be happy if I never return to Vientiane again. Sure, it's kinda a nice-looking town with lots of wonderful old crumbling colonial French mansions - photos of which I will be posting up here - but I don't find that enough incentive to return EVER.

Although, I must tell you, I got the most enormous buzz from seeing this:

Gosh, forgotten the name
of this stupa already!


I remember seeing images of it twice previously in my life when I was very young; one was on a travel poster - Air India? - advertising The Far East and the other time was in "Children's Own Colour Annual" in a story on Far Away Places. And here it was! Right there in front of me! How cool is that!

Now let's get serious for a moment: In addition to posting photographs in the next few days, there will be stories I'll be telling you and things I'll be showing you and a plea or two I'll be making of you, so I feel I need to tell you something upfront that should be taken into account, only I don't want to post it with the stories themselves ... because I don't want to get anyone into trouble. I'm not sure how to go about saying any of this, so let me post another blog just tell you a little story - fiction, kila ga? - and let you be all nudge-nudge-wink-wink and "word to the wise" about it.

No comments: