Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Note for Margaret!

Margaret, honey, you recall, when you were last here, you took heaps of photos of that Tanka lady with the big protest banner across her sampan who was scooping stuff out of the harbour and you asked me to find out more about her.

Well, have done so: her name is Mrs To and she's been protesting the defiling of Hong Kong Harbour for over 17 years and spends all her time scooping out rubbish. Then seven years back, HKCC realised she was right and put together a team of Harbour scoopers of their own ... but still Mrs To is out there protesting.

There's a line in the Buddhist text "Journey to the West" which goes "After the Demon-Fighter has slain all the demons, what then does he do with the rest of his life?" I guess Mrs To's story gives us the answer to that one.

I guess I should go down now and look for her, shouldn't I, to take photos to put in here! Or perhaps, lovely Margaret, you Master Photographer you, you'd like to send me a couple of yours instead.

No comments: