Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Lady Buddha of Laos. For Margaret!

Far be it from me to ever "dis" The Goddess, but you really need to see Laos' Goddess of Prosperity. Check her out:

In wood!

In silver!

I find it very hard to take her seriously because she reminds me so much of this:

The cat we call Shino,
after a Japanese girl we once detested:

She's obviously a very ancient Goddess because I kept seeing her in Vientiane antique stores:

An old one!

An even older one!
Gosh, this is such a bad photo.
Sorry about that.

She's also very current because I kept seeing modern copies of her:

Kiddy Form.

Hindi Movie-Star Form.

And truly, truly the worst one I EVER saw:

Gigglingly Stupid Form.

I'm guessing, Margaret, that you won't be asking me to buy you one of these to add to your Goddess collection?

1 comment:

Denise said...

Ruth, thank you so much for your kind comment. I will be posting several important blogs in the next few days; about things that actually mean something and aren't just for fun like everything else.

Hope you enjoy those as well.

Denise