Saturday, December 13, 2008

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to All

Am off to Laos tomorrow for two weeks. Vietnam Airlines wouldn't cancel my tickets without huge penalty so I'm going ahead with the trip. AND the friends I was meant to be traveling with, and who were flying Thai Airways, were able to cancel ... so I'm going on my own.

Keith has very sweetly decided to fly out at the earliest opportunity and will meet me at some point on my journey. Romantic, la! Only it's not so much romantic as him being worried because so many HKers say "Laos! That's where I got held up at knifepoint!" and "That's where the taxi driver drove me out of town, beat me up, and drove off with my belongings!" and "That's where I got my wallet and passport stolen and couldn't get anyone to help me for four days!" Cheerful place, by all accounts!

Still, I have the greatest faith in the gentle abundance of the universe and believe I will be OK! and even more, that I shall have a wonderful time and you'll be hearing all about it ... although, since Laos is known as "the land where anything goes and nothing works", I may not be able to find a cybercafe and may probably not blog a word till I get back ...

... so, in the meantime, have a fabulous Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

Have a yagona on me, folks!
And thanks colette.

No comments: