Friday, December 12, 2008

Hui Dan Gallery, Dafen, Shenzhen, China!

Here's an exterior shot of the Hui Dan Arts and Crafts Gallery, so, when you e-mail them, you'll know it actually exists and who you'll be dealing with:

Hui Dan has always been my Dafen Gallery of choice - because Annie speaks good English ...

Annie mounting my mum!

... but also because I've always found them to be honest and reliable. Everything is done when they say it will be done and, well, even though they are a tad more expensive than elsewhere, I don't mind paying a little more for good service.

And so, because Molly wants to buy new paintings for her walls - everyone knows all the Fiji artists so she wants something different, new, fresh and unexpected - I thought I'd take photographs in there so she could see if there are any paintings she particularly wants.

However, Hui Dan said I could only do so if I gave you their contact details, which I indeed will at the end of this post.

But, for now, for Molly, here are a series of shots of what they have on their walls:



Oops, this shot is actually
from the cheaper gallery across the way.

And they have enormous mounds of other paintings they haven't got framed:

Notice my mum atop the stack.
She was deep in there when I arrived.

And artists rock in the whole time with new paintings they want to sell on commission, which get evaluated by Annie and co to see if they come up to their high standards:

Annie evaluating!
Doesn't this one ROCK!

OK, so you're not Molly and see something you want, how do you get in touch?

The address is: Hui Dan Art and Crafts, 1/F, No. 6, Lane 4 A, East Dafen Village, Buji Town, Shenzhen, China.

The website is: http://www.huidanart.com

And Annie can be reached at china@huidanart.com.

And, Molly, if you want to bypass me altogether go right ahead. Hui Dan says he'll sell you anything for about 300 yuan, which is about 100 yuan dearer than elsewhere ... but I can promise you reliability and that's worth the extra! And, I imagine, for that price, they'll pay for postage.

No comments: