Thursday, December 4, 2008

What Kills Us This Week!

HK Magazine appears to be no longer running its Threatdown Column ... but that doesn't mean I too must give it up.

As you know, Hong Kong loves nothing better than a good panic, although lately, thanks to the huge crashes in the Stockmarket, when there's finally something real to panic about, everyone's been acting instead with a quiet dignity and resignation.

However, the worst must be over because, this past week, there's good news! Hong Kongers are again panicking! Yayyyy! And over stupid things too! YAAAAYYYYY!!!!

So that's my choice for this week:

THREATDOWN

EVERYTHING!

We're back, folks! Ever since Hong Kong announced that it will use its "rainy day money" to buy back useless American stocks, well, we're back to normal and again doing a nice line in hysteria!

You should hear their predictions about the rise in taxi fares! We will descend into chaos, street-fighting and war and police will have to again use the riot equipment they bought for the WTO Conference last year.

Police in their brand spanking new riot gear
during the WTO Conference last year.

I'm just loving it!

In fact, in anticipation of these projected riots, let's have another photo:

The guy on the left is the one
who thumped the British hooligan
- who totally had it coming -
who, when he fell backwards,
gave me such a blow across
the jaw and chest I was savagely bruised
... so was able to show off my injuries
and tell
everyone I was hurt
during the WTO riots!


So cool when that happens!

Just looking at these photos fills me with nostalgia for those events last year. Perhaps I should go find my letters and post them in here so you can enjoy those riots too.

Mmmm, hope I've still kept those letters!

No comments: