Sunday, May 17, 2009

Horses. For Margaret!

When Margaret retires in fewer years than she cares to admit she plans to sculpt horses, so these snaps are for her:




I find this one very disturbing!

And this one actually moves.
The mane shifts.
Very almost-creepy.
The woman behind isn't part of it,
but I included her to give a sense of
how big the piece is.

So, Margaret, what do you think of what other horse sculptors are doing with the medium? Reckon you can ace 'em?

I think you can, except for this guy's horse:


Boy, this one is sublime; massive and mighty and almost creepy because it's so downright sexy and male and you can practically smell and feel the sweat coming off him.

And what knocks the socks off me is that he's simply made out of old pieces of wood. I mean, look at this in close-up:


Of course, when you finally get around to retiring and making horses, I think you should think about this medium:
Old car tyres.

I know this is a dragon and not a horse, but I'm merely suggesting you give this some thought. The ultimate in Green sculpture! Imagine the kudos you'd get for reducing the world's carbon footprint and landfill. But, much more importantly, just look at what you can do with it:

The dragon roars!

No comments: